1976 - 1980
- Karnataka State Electronics Development Corporation Limited (KEONICS), took birth in 1976 with the objective of promoting electronics industries in Karnataka
- Conducted exhibitions like ELCOMEX to promote the products of electronics industries
- Planned to develop an electronic industrial complex (Electronic City) in Bangalore
- Acquired 332 acres of land on Hosur Road about 18 Kms from city limits of Bangalore.
1981 - 1985
- The first Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) was established in the Electronic City
- Electronic City attracted companies like HP, Siemens, Wipro, Infosys, ITI, Motorola, TATA, NTTF etc.
- Established a TV manufacturing unit in Peenya industrial estate, Bangalore.
1986 - 1990
- Established a manufacturing division to manufacture wireless communication equipment in technical collaboration with Marconi Communications UK
- Started joint ventures with companies like Yokogowa Blue Star, Krone Communications etc.
1991 - 1995
- Started marketing of telephone instruments, small exchanges, stabilizers, UPS, Fax Machines, EPABX Systems etc.
- Introduced training of technicians in servicing consumer electronic products.
1996 - 2000
- Took up computer training & education as one of the sponsored training activities for Government of India
- Signed MOUs with leading manufacturers for marketing of medical electronic equipments, traffic systems, wireless communication systems, computers, and software
- Started software technology park at Mysore
- Acquired commercial complex at Hubli to start software technology park
- With the formation of IT Department in the State, KEONICS became part of it
- Participated in Yuva.com scheme and started 176 Yuva.com centers.
2001 - 2006
- Expanded the training activities to nearly 300 centers across the state
- Acquired land in Mysore for starting incubation center.
- Introduced e-tendering for the first time in the country & expanded the same to other states - Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Jharkhand.
- Developed a core inhouse team for Networking, Hardware & maintenance and website development.
2007 - 2014
- Keonics has entered into an agreement with the Government of Arunachal Pradesh, Department of IT & Science & Technology, as an implementing agency for all the e-Governance initiatives of the State of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Keonics has implemented the project for setting up of IT Excellence Centre in Arunachal Pradesh with its Head quarters at Itanagar.
- The Company has actively involved in establishing IT Parks in the Tier - 2 Cities in the State such as Hubli, Gulbarga, Belgaum Mysore, Shimoga & Mangalore.
- Keonics has takenup the e-procurement activity of entire Bihar state.
- Keonics has setup automatic driving test track for transport department in Karnataka for the first time.
- Keonics is networking all the emission test centres in entire Karnataka.
- Keonics is setting up e-pcos in karnataka in association with BSNL, Intel and suvidha.
- Keonics is nodal agency to assist Department of ITBT in setting up of first ITIR in the country spread over 10,000 acres of land.