PUBLICATION OF PARTICULARS UNDER CLAUSE (b) OF SECTION 3
OF THE KARNATAKA RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT, 2000
Sub:- Publication of particulars in respect of Karnataka State Electronics Development corporation Ltd., under clause (b) of Section 3 of the karnataka Right to Information Act 2000 read with rule 3 of Karnataka Right to Information Rules,2002.
The particulars of the Corporation, Functions and Duties: The Karnataka State Electronics Development Corporation Ltd., was established in the year 1976 for promotion of Electronics Industries in the State of Karnataka. The Corporation is engaged in training manpower in the field of Information Technology and related areas. It is also marketing Electronics and IT products.
Sri. Harikrishna Bantwal is the Chairman and
Sri. S.N. Siddaramappa, IPS is the Managing Director of the Corporation.
Director-Operations, Divisional Heads, Officers and other staff are employed in the Corporation.
The functions of the Corporation are as follows:-
- Training manpower, especially rural youth in computer operation and IT field.
- Implementation of Computer Training Programmes under Norad scheme and other Government Department/Organisations sponsored schemes.
- Marketing of IT, IT related products and Electronic items
- Servicing and installation of Wireless, EPABX and Office Automation Equipments.
- Development of infrastructure- like Electronic city, Software Technology Park, IT Park etc.,- for Electronics, IT and IT related industries in various parts of Karnataka.
- The Powers and duties of the officers and employees and the procedure by the Corporation in the decision making process : The Officers and staff of this Corporation are discharging their duties in accordance with the rules of the Corporation contained in Service Rules 1980, Certified Standing Orders and also guidelines specifically issued, if any, by the Government from time to time.
- Norms set up by the Public Authority for the discharge of its functions : The Karnataka State Electronics Development Corporation Ltd. is primarily Development Corporation which encourages establishment of Electronics, Information Technology and related industries across the state, impart training by implementing various schemes and programmes of Government Departments /Organisations including paid courses of the Corporation open for the Public.
- The details of facilities available to citizens for obtaining information: Information on the activities of the Corporation are published in its official web-site http://www.keonics.in/. The decisions of the Corporation are also published on the notice boards of the Corporation.
- The Managing Director, Karnataka State Electronics Development Corporation Ltd., has been appointed as the Appellate Authority under Section 2 of the Karnataka Right to Information Act vide Notification No. KEONICS/DO/2002-03 dated 15.11.2002.
For Karnataka State Electronics
Development Corporation Ltd.,